Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spread the Awareness

So, I have finished all of the research that I can do!! What I am thinking about doing next is following some advice that was actually posted on one of my earlier posts; creating a facebook page. This facebook page will not only include all of the key research that I have gathered, but also why I started this whole process(20 Time and my mom) and a poll that will be at the top of the page for anyone that wants to vote on an opt out or an opt in system. It will also be a public page, meaning that anyone and everyone from around the world will be able to view it and share their views on the page. I look forward to making that soon!

Now Back to this blog. Since I have created one of my static pages, donors + recipients, I am still having a difficult time trying to find people in the area that have either been an organ donor or recipient. In trying to remedy this situation, I have recently sent an email to a Stanford organ surgeon asking if I could interview some of his patients. Now, that may not turn out to be very helpful because there is doctor to patient confidentiality that he must adhere to, but I am hoping for the best. If that does not work I hope to find another way to find the people that I am looking for.

6 comments:

  1. I think a facebook page is a great idea! It's a great way to get your project information to others. Hopefully the surgeon will get back to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think Facebook page is a really good idea! That way your friends and family can share to all their friends. It's so great to see you make so much progress throughout this project. If you can't get that doctor to meet up with you, you might be able to find some connections through friends or something?
    -Shereen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you should go to the hospital and ask if there is anyone (of the staff members) who has donated an organ. I think that could be an interesting topic. But otherwise i really like the facebook page idea.And i wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook could open many doors and grow the blog and is a great idea! Best of luck of finding some organ donors or people who donated organs to assist you but if it doesn't work out maybe someone you know knows somebody that has donated an organ etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creating a Facebook page is a great idea! It is a great way to raise awareness for organ donations, and a great way to share all the information you gathered. Good Luck!
    Amir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky: You've come so far in this project!! A Facebook page is a great idea. Once you have that, make sure to post your link so that I can like it and help suport the cause! I'm sure you will find individuals to interview through our community if you really take advantage of the connections you have here and ask lots of people. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete